Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rock and Roll Marathon

How hard is it to train for a marathon? I have no idea, but I'll let you know.

I ran in a half marathon 2 years ago, and that was hard enough. I didn't have a ton of time to train for it, but I thought I had enough time. When it was all done, I had accomplished my goal, but felt pretty beat up. My knees were in pretty bad shape, and my ankle was pretty beat up.

A few weeks after the race, I had quietly decided that running might be too hard on my body, and I probably didn't have a future in it.

Now, two years later, I find myself pre-registered for the full marathon after a spontaneous urge to sign up. My plans this time around are to train more steadily and less aggressively. I wanted to start off very slowly to give my body a chance to build all the primary and supporting muscle to take some of the pressure off my joints. I'm hoping that this plan will leave me with less injury, and even more success.

I'll keep you posted on my training on this blog. Here is the first run.


The Race is Jan 18, 2009. If anyone wants to join me just let me know.

No comments: