Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Getting Out and Running Again

Pat's Run is coming up, and a friend of mine recently asked if I wanted to run it. It's a really short run, but it's a GREAT excuse to get off my butt and loose some of the sympathy weight that I had put on during my wife's recent pregnancy.

When I had been training in the past, I was rocking a BlackBerry 8330 running AllSport GPS, but I recently upgraded to the HTC Hero, and that device seems to have a lot more power. (Though it's practically out of date already with the new HTC Nexus 1 and Motorola Droid out powering it now)

Day 1
Man that first run back was harsh.... I actually had some nasty kidney/back pain early on and couldn't run through it. (This may have had to do with the fact that we were also experimenting with making pizza earlier that night :-p) The Yellow on the map is where I had to stop.



Day 2
The next run was a lot better, I didn't have to stop which was a HUGE improvement! Unfortunately I forgot to charge my phone that morning so I had to leave the phone on the charger instead of recording my run.

Day 3
The next run, I felt so much better that I decided to run a little further when I finished my Short loop. I decided to do a little extra:


Day 4
Now normally I like to take a night off, but my buddy Michael on Facebook picked up the pace and crushed my last run and posted it all over facebook, so I had to get out last night and log a few more miles:


I have to say, connecting my Runs to facebook using AllSport GPS has really ended up being helpful in training. I am really starting to buy into this whole thing more for the social/community aspect, and less for the private workout logs that I had used it for in years past. I'm loving it.

If you want to, Join me on facebook, and We'll challenge each other to get off our butts and get out!



No comments: