Monday, May 10, 2010

Pandora One Upgrade

So I've been doing a lot of nerding in the evenings lately, and I've started to hit my 40 hour limit on Pandora early in the month. I had just stopped listening when I hit my limit, but then I decided that I really love this product, and even though I may be one of the most fiscally conservative (cheap) men on the face of the planet, I decided that I really should support them by upgrading. So I did it. I whipped out my visa and let it rip. Two minutes and 36 dollars later I was done. My Pandora immediately converted to Pro and I was rolling.

Here are the highlights:

1. No action required, Pandora just started playing again right away and there was a new menu at the top of Pandora:




2. clearly the removal of the 40 hour/month limit is huge.

3. I got this email, that made me feel like I was really supporting something grass-roots which was nice. Even though this could just be a marketing strategy :-)



4. Probably my favorite thing though, is that I have this nice desktop app that I never have to touch, and it just sits there and streams wonderful music all day long. From what I read you need to touch it about once in an 8 hour day to keep it playing, otherwise it sleeps to avoid wasting bandwidth.


Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase so far. :-) These guys put out a great product, and I am very happy to be able to support them.

No comments: