Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Monsoon

I went outside yesterday afternoon to find that it was pouring rain. Normally I wouldn't care at all, except today I was supposed to help Katie move. and most stuff doesn't like to get wet :)

So after work, I decided I would swing by the store and pick up some trash bags, so that we could try to keep as much dry as possible. After 2 hours or being stuck in traffic, and going less than 3 miles total, I decided to park and walk the remaining half a mile to Safeway.

I found that the street was flooded up to my knees at some points, and entire roads had been shut down because of flooding: which explains the traffic :) I made it to the safeway only to find that they had no power, and closed early. I'll tell you what though: I haven't had a good excuse to play in a puddle for a long time, so it wasn't all bad.

For those of you who think my shoes are funny, I have one thing to say:

:-p

Here is a quick shot from rural and broadway:

No comments: