Wednesday, July 11, 2007

White Lies

Always try to be honest.

When you lie, or even when you are misunderstood and choose not to correct it, you put yourself in a situation where you either loose credibility, or are forced to dig a deeper whole by covering it up.

Covering it up of course is done by lying more, and more, each time growing in severity in order to cover all of your previous lies.

For those of you who know chronic liars, I feel your pain. I deal with at least one chronic liar more than once a week, and it's excruciating. Every time their lies get bigger, and I have to bight my lip to not call them out. one the rare occasion that I do ask questions about the lies, I'm either hit with bigger cover up lies, or they just change the subject.

I think that it is our pride that tricks us into continuing to lie, rather than admit that we were incorrect or misunderstood earlier. And this pride is much stronger when you feel threatened by those you lie too. I wish we could all somehow leave our pride out of life.

1 comment:

Al Wold said...

You should have posted a picture of the chronic liar. Now everyone has to guess who it is.