Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Introduction to the CDT Project

As some of you know, I'm going to be hiking a small portion of the CDT (continental divide trail) in July. Last night I finally received Colorado's Continental Divide Trail: The Official Guide
It's very exciting, but a little scary.

The hike will be through about 50 miles of wilderness, but will be fairly strenuous. I normally wouldn't be too worried about it... you have to deal with the wildlife, weather, and altitude, but none of that is too much of a concern for a 50 mile hike. The problem, and the biggest concerns come from my knees. Recently I took a shorter hike, and one of my knees started to hurt. which makes me worry a bit about the longer hike. I hope that a little stretching and training will take care of that problem.

I'll be meeting later this week to get more details on the start and stop points, and then I should have a better idea of what to expect.

More to come on this one.... I'll label them "CDT"

No comments: