Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Photo from June 13, 2007

Today was a busy morning, I recently had a friend, Jason Farrier, help me out with a little dry rot issue. He is a home inspector with a history in the construction business, so I figured he was perfect for the job.

I'm feeling pretty good about what we've accomplished so far, but what's more important, is that he took a look at the house, and pointed out a number of other issues that he recommended I fix before I sell.

Here is a photo of the repairs that we did this morning:


Taken at my house
June 13, 2008
I need to finish it up (caulk, primer, etc) in the next few days, but at least the hard part is done.

Other upcoming projects that this has brought into light:
  • Potential Termite issues
  • Fixing additional trim that has rotted
  • Fixing the leaky chimney
  • Fixing some insulation issues in the attic
  • Fixing the duct work for the AC system, and potentially removing the evap. cooler
  • Fixing the pool's electrical system
  • Landscaping the areas that touch the house to avoid bugs, and further rot.
  • Finishing the master bath/closet leak

Its a long list, and it I'm not sure how much it will all cost, but I think it will be fun, and I think that its a great opportunity to learn. The current plan was to sell in January, when I get married, but I might try to convince Katie to do it in May to give me more time to repair, and one more spring to play with the landscaping.

A Special thanks to Tom and Jason Farrier, and Elite Home Inspections for their help so far. Jason is Great, and I would recommend Elite Home Inspections to anyone buying a house. He is way more thorough than the guy that did mine last time.

No comments: