Friday, June 29, 2007

The weekend

Sorry guys, I forgot my camera at home this morning :-/

Today I'm taking off work a little early for two reasons:
  1. Katie left her car at my house and it has a flat tire that I want to replace
  2. We're heading up North, and I need to finish packing
So, Katie has been out of town all week, and she left her car at my house. She seems to have a slow leak on the back passenger side tire (which she had repaired, but that apparently didn't work). Anyway, she's getting home today, and I just noticed that it was completely flat. :( I really don't want her to come home to a flat tire, so I'm going to either get it repaired/replaced, or just put the donut on, depending on time. I'm guessing I'll be pushing it, so it will probably be the donut.

After I take care of that, I'm packing up and heading up to flagstaff. Me, my dad, and my brother John are going up to hike Humphreys peak, via Humphrey's Trail at Snow bowl. I originally wanted to make it a 2 day hike, going through the wilderness area from the other side via Weatherford Trail, but time didn't allow for it, and people didn't want to carry that much gear. For this hike, I will plan to carry water, snacks, lunch, a jacket, some hiking poles, and a beanie. I really think hiking poles are dorky, but I've been repeatedly told that they are a necessity, so I'm going to try to get used to them on this trail ans see if they help much.

I had a really hard time finding good trail data for this hike, so I decided I would have to record our trip, and publish it online. You should be able to see it online before Monday. I'll post a link by then. Here are the four sites I'm working off of:

If all goes well with this hike, and if time allows, I think I'm going to try to do a follow up trip and hike to the summit again via Weatherford Trail.

No comments: