Monday, June 18, 2007

Photo from June 18, 2007

In phoenix, there is a service called "Bulk Trash". Four times a year, they will come through the neighborhoods of phoenix, and pickup any trash you have. All you have to do is figure out when it is and make sure to put it in a neat pile in front of your house.

I love this service, because my plants grow like crazy, and they drop a metric ton of leaves every quarter... (OK, maybe not a metric ton, but it seems like it)

So I usually end up having a small pile in the backyard just waiting for the window of time, when I can leave it on the curb. This morning, I started moving the little pile out to the front, and I unearthed a little nest. The nest had no living creatures, but did have a series of eggs. I'm guessing that these are either the eggs of a roadrunner that hangs out around my house, or of a lizard that I see from time to time.


Hidden Nest
Taken in my backyard
June 18, 2007
Unfortunately, now that the leaves and stuff aren't providing shade, I suspect they will over heat and die. The nest may also be abandoned because of the human scent all around it :-/

No comments: